Another double up today and hopefully, the last. Happy Blogmas Days 10 and 11. I’ve got peppermint on my mind and a Christmas tag I’ve pressing to do.
Peppermint is one of my favorite things to taste and smell, so it’s to my benefit that it’s super abundant during the season. Today, I’ll share a number things I loooove to do with peppermint this season.
- Make an air freshener. Add 10-12 drops peppermint oil to 4 ounces of water in mist spray bottle. A light sprits freshens the air without an overwhelming scent.
- Wear it on your wrist. If ever you feel congested or stressed while working, running errands, etc, dab a little peppermint oil on your wrist. Breathe in the scent to clear your airways or calm you throughout the day.
- Add it to your bath. Pour some Epsom salt and sweet almond oil into your bath. Mix several drops of peppermint oil into 8 ounces of cold water, then pour the mixture into the bath. This is the only bath I don’t leave feeling groggy and light-headed.
- Mint Hot Chocolate! I’ve never made my own from scratch, so I have no recipe to share, but it’s a must have of mine. I normally just pop in to Dunkin Donuts and grab a medium cup.
- Mix it in your favorite body moisturizer. I like adding peppermint oil to my lotion because it gives me a nice tingle after the shower and I think it lies well under my perfumes. Just be careful to protect your skin from the sun and be cautious around sensitive areas of the body. Peppermint oil can cause discomfort and irritation to those areas if too much is used.
The Christmas tag has been floating around for years and now that I’m blogging I can join in on the tag fun. Here goes…
1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
Honestly, I can’t choose. I would maybe say Miracle on 34th Street. I can watch that movie all the time.
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Yes, of course. Except, I don’t remember the snow as much as I remember what I was doing inside wherever I was.
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
Anywhere my mom is. It’s very rare that I’m not with her on Christmas. I can say about 3 times we’ve separated. Maybe, only one year where I wasn’t with her.
4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Barbra Streisand singing My Favorite Things, Last Christmas by Wham, and a few songs of the B2K Christmas album. Also BoyzIIMen have some amazing renditions of Christmas songs.
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
No. Just one at midnight on Christmas.
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Not at all.
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
As I said in a previous post, I don’t really have any Christmas traditions. I look forward to decorating the tree and having a warm, cozy Christmas.
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake. For years. We use the same tree and avoid waste.
9. What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
Mint Hot Chocolate!!!!!
Look for the continuation of the Christmas tag in my next post!!
Till next time,